Monday, June 16, 2008

Raconteurs--SEA April 21, 2008


The Raconteurs made an early tour stop in Seattle, WA to a tiny 800 capacity venue called Neumos. Needless to say, this show sold out in seconds. With no tickets, my fingers crossed and a bargain with the devil, I made it in to one of the best rock shows of my life. The Raconteurs, consisting of Brendan Benson (vocals, guitar, keyboard), Jack White (of The White Stripes on vocals, acoustic and electric quitar, synthesizers and piano), Jack Lawrence (bass) and Patrick Keeler (percussion) wailed out a 2 hour show. I love these men.

Brendan Benson offers a soothing, harmonious counterbalance to Mr. White. White never fails to impress with his multiple stage duties, hopping from electric, to his famed acoustic named Claudette, to the piano, to some bizarre voice synthesizer, then back to the electric. Jack Lawrence puts off an odd Cory-Feldman-Stand-By-Me vibe with the long black hair and thick black glasses, and Patrick Keeler...he gave me a drumstick after the show. So he totally rules.

I secured myself a nice balcony spot where the Pabst was a flowin'. Due to the Pabst my playlist notes are a little rough, but here they are word for word, about 5 songs into the show (the drink line was long damn it!): Old Enough jack on piano, Top Yourself played with Claudette, Intimate Secretary, Level, Steady As She Goes, Blue Veins, Claudette's string breaks, These Stones Will Shout, Rich Kid Blues, encore 3 songs, ends with Carolina Drama.

No comments: