Monday, June 16, 2008

Justice-- PDX March 26, 2008

What is sexier than two young French djs on stage at the Roseland theater?

Two young French djs off stage in the Tube lounge, that’s what.

Whether you were there for the show, or the afterparty, Justice made their presence known in Portland. This Parisian duo played for a full house of members of the under 30 club. The crowd knew every verse and was high energy, which gave a fantastic vibe.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of them. There is something about a metro Frenchman smoking a cig and mixing house that makes me drool! The two guys never missed a beat and were keeping up the noise with clapping and interaction with the crowd. As the songs came along, I'm pretty sure I was hearing them in album order. Not too spontaneous or daring, but hey, the material is GOOD. I was impressed by the stage set of illuminated speaker boxes and a crafty soundboard light scheme on the front of the dj booth. And of course, the famed Justice lit-up cross at center stage will surely remain a symbol for the bands success.

The show seemed to whiz by but my eardrums where feeling the exposure. Walking out with a smile, we thought we'd better hit up the Tube. Good European techno deserves a good Eurotrash aftershow drink. The bar was rowdy and you better believe I was dancing. When suddenly, my friend excitedly told me that Justice just entered and was making their way toward us (kinda like the video). I played it cool, but just had to walk up to that sexy smoker Xavier and the tall handsome Gaspard and tell them they rock! We exchanged a few words in English and they went about business at the bar.

It was an exciting night of modern new beats and fresh sample lyrics. Justice embraced their night in Portland and really showed us fans how to do it right. I just wish Xavier would've asked me to dance.

1 comment:

Sethalump said...

Damn! I wished I would have gone to Tube after the show. They passed me when I wasn't looking in the lounge whilst I was D.A.N.C.E-ably drunk for their set. =/